PDA

View Full Version : Crowds/weather - end of Aug vs early Oct

sotodog
05-13-2009, 06:16 AM
Is there a significant difference in crowds between the end of August and early October? I realize that weather always is subject to extremes but I'm just talking about averages.

We were orginally planning on going to WDW at the end of Aug so we don't pull the kids out of school. They will be in K and 1st and DH wants them to have perfect attendence. Then friends said they were going the last week of the dining plan and pulling their kids out of school. The other mom is a former teacher and has a lesson plan and told DH that the kids will learn more at WDW than at a week of school. Just trying to weigh the options.

Drince88
05-13-2009, 06:19 AM
Weather between August and October is WORLDS apart. Check out www.wunderground.com (boy, I've been typing that a lot lately!) and their trip planning section.

wishiwasthere
05-13-2009, 12:17 PM
I would go in October if you have the option to. The crowds will be smaller than August. Also the weather is so much nicer in October. You won't have extremely cranky, hot kiddies.

My mom used to pull me out up until 5th grade. Is perfect attendance really that important or possible? I did have cousins that pulled it off because they just never got sick. Now at 18 which are the more likely to talk about as a family? The perfect attendance or that time they went to disney?

Art Is Resistance
05-13-2009, 12:28 PM
After going last August, I'd strongly suggest going October!

Admittedly, it was really bad for the two weeks we went (last 2 weeks August 2008), but I've been in May, and my wife had been in October, and we'd never experienced either the crowds or the weather as extreme!