PDA

View Full Version : Planning around Extra Magic Hours?

Pages : 1 [2]

danyoung
05-26-2009, 04:06 AM
In your case I agree with your logic - AK should be a good park to visit in the morning. Just make sure you leave before closing, as evening EMH will be wall to wall people!

gottalovedisney
05-26-2009, 09:51 AM
We were at evening EMH at Animal Kingdom at the end of April and it was SO quiet! We rode Expedition Everest 5 times without a line up, and had hardly any line up for photos with Mickey and Minnie. I would give it a try, it was worth it for us.

MrsGrumpy
05-26-2009, 02:23 PM
On our recent 1 day trip to Disneyland, my family of four each chose 2 things that they wanted to see/do/ride that day, and we made it a point of doing those things first. Everything else was just "icing on the cake." When it was a couple hours before it was time to leave, we each chose one last ride. It worked out very well for us. We used to be park commandos, and now we are learning to enjoy all the other good stuff along the way.

When we go to WDW in December, it will be very crowded. We will each pick 1 must-do/see/ride for the day, and make sure it's accomplished. :) Then just take it as it comes.

BigDisneyFan
05-26-2009, 03:35 PM
We will be testing more than one theory on our trip. I have mostly planned to avoid parks with EMH in the evening, but we also have nights where we have no plans and my pop in at a park that has EMH, but not stay for the whole time. We did that last time and it wasn't so bad...unless you stayed until closing. We will be avoiding that if we can. I just keep telling myself that if we don't have high expectations of short lines and small crowds, we can't be disappointed. :p

kwdancer26
05-26-2009, 04:18 PM
A general rule that tends to work for my family...

If you are dedicated to getting to a park on time with morning EMH (a little bit before it opens), then take advantage of that. You can get a lot done that first hour, and the few morning hours after that weren't so bad either.

I would completely avoid evening EMH. These generate massive crowd levels because people are already at the park and figure they will stay.

Hope I helped!

dahunter1129
05-26-2009, 04:30 PM
We love both morning and evening EMH...the AM ones we get a lot done, and the PM ones we get to people watch, and maybe get a few rides in. We always do fall trips, so maybe the crowds aren't as crazy. As for the planning part, well, my husband refers to "The Crazy Disney Army". I have spreadsheets, schedules, Plans A,B and C, and contingency plans should they fall apart...and of course, if all else fails, we do what we want, when we want. The planning is really just to keep me sane until we get to WDW....

BigDisneyFan
05-26-2009, 08:31 PM
The planning is really just to keep me sane until we get to WDW....

SO TRUE!!! I have a calander spreadsheet that has all the options, park hours, EMH, list of best and worst days to go to each park based on historical crowd levels (in case we need to change plans last minute, I'll know which park to avoid), ADR's (color-coded for B,L or D). I thought maybe I was the only one that planned that much! I do truly think that it's all just to keep me occupied until our trip. I'm sooo excited!! :D

Busy Mom
05-27-2009, 02:50 AM
In mid to late August, my family will totally avoid Morning EMHs and that park in general. If we get DD up too early every day no one will be happy. However, we are in disagreement about the evening EMHs. While I agree being in the park at night would be fun, I think that staying up until 1:00 is ridiculous and we'll be wiped out for the next day. Plus I think we'll see everything that we want without it. For now, we've agreed to disagree and keep the idea as a possibility to decide at the last minute. There have evening hours for every park but AK.