PDA

View Full Version : Attention Planners--August Park Schedule UP!

Pages : [1] 2

TinaMouse
05-05-2009, 05:45 PM
We've been waiting rather impatiently (at least I HAVE)....

The August park schedule has been posted on Disney.com.

OK, heat-and-humidity-resistant peeps (ha!)--how will the park hours alter your plans???

wishiwasthere
05-06-2009, 11:12 AM
These hours are driving me nuts. I feel like the EMH are so random.

Drince88
05-06-2009, 12:11 PM
It looks pretty consistent for all but the last week of the month (same days, same parks for those weeks)

Also, they may not have everything up yet - the couple of days I checked MK they had Spectro scheduled, but no fireworks (yet) - plus all the other stuff they have on the schedule now.

Ragrobyn
05-06-2009, 02:34 PM
We've been waiting rather impatiently (at least I HAVE)....

Me TOO! I haven't checked yet, but I need the schedule so I can make ADR's. I want to avoid EMH. I heard a tip on a podcast. They said if a park has EMH the previous evening, go the next morning and it will have low crowd levels. Any thoughts about this?

TinaMouse
05-06-2009, 06:04 PM
FYI, as of 3:30 this morning (:rolleyes:), AK's August hours aren't out. I didn't check yet tonight, but (YAWN!) I'm so sleepy, I don't know how much I'll mess with it tonight.....The itinerary is DONE, though....Whew!

wishiwasthere
05-06-2009, 07:12 PM
AK is up now. I checked it out earlier today.

Yes Ragrobyn, I agree with that. Last July I stayed off property and planned that with my boyfriend's family. One day I messed up and we went to MK when we should have gone to DHS and the crowd difference was definitely noticeable.

TinaMouse
05-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Where is the fantasmic schedule? I couldn't find it!

Drince88
05-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Where is the fantasmic schedule? I couldn't find it!

They didn't have the fireworks on last night - so they may not have Fantasmic yet. I mean, why would they want the thing that you do dinner packages for up before you make your ADRs?:eyeroll: I bet the CMs taking dinner ressies know, though.

TinaMouse
05-07-2009, 06:30 PM
OK, then I'm not nuts. I kept looking for it and couldn't find it. I thought they buried it JUST because I'm trying to plan my ADRs for the open window in....14 days! We just decided to dump the Fantasmic Dinner package and just plan the days. If there's a day where we can go to Fantasmic, then we will. I'll live if I don't see it.

danyoung
05-08-2009, 01:11 PM
FWIW, a thousand wild dogs couldn't chase me into WDW during August! Way too hot, way too humid, way too crowded. I've done it before, and it just ain't fun. But hey, here's hoping you have a great time, Tina!

TinaMouse
05-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Geez....that supportive!;)

We don't have a choice--oldest is in High School this year. Even if I hide in a resort 90% of the time---it's still WDW!

danyoung
05-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Tina, I really didn't mean to be unsupportive. I guess you could say that ANY time in WDW is better than NO time. But of all the times of the year that I could visit, July and August are at the bottom of my list. Still, I understand that schedules and kids and stuff sometimes dictate your schedule. All I can say is drink lots of water, carry a small sweat towel with you, and nap during the hottest part of the day and party hearty during the cooler hours. Have a great trip!!!

wishiwasthere
05-08-2009, 05:33 PM
It's not that bad. I do it every year.

You just have to be relaxed. If all you do is think about the heat and humidity you will be hot. Think cool thoughts.

TinaMouse
05-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Tina, I really didn't mean to be unsupportive. I guess you could say that ANY time in WDW is better than NO time. But of all the times of the year that I could visit, July and August are at the bottom of my list. Still, I understand that schedules and kids and stuff sometimes dictate your schedule. All I can say is drink lots of water, carry a small sweat towel with you, and nap during the hottest part of the day and party hearty during the cooler hours. Have a great trip!!!

Ah, the trouble with computers....I know you were teasing. I was joshing you. Frankly, August is near the bottom of my list too (4th of July and Christmas being #1 and 2, respectively), but alas, the school is dictating the schedule. Don't EVEN get me going.

Since this isn't our once in a lifetime trip, I'm ready for SUPER relaxed, light touring. We're trying new things, and we know we're going back next....ahem...AUGUST! LOL!

(Plus, I get to go back in October on a solo trip and meet up with my friends from Tagrel.com (another Disney website), so I'm psyched to be in the cooler, F&W-filled season.)

Yesterday it was 82 here and I found myself saying, "Oh, it's hot." Then I thought about August and literally said outloud, "I'm so cold!" :fez:

Hugs, Dan. All is cool!

Mark Goldhaber
05-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Tina, just made my ADRs for my trip this morning. (We beat the free dining crowds by a day! 8/15-8/23.) Got everything that I wanted, including F! dining on 8/16.

Looks like Fantasmic is Sun/Tues/Thurs in August. Here's your arrival day. (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/hollywood-studios/calendardayview/?asmbly_day=20090819) Just step forward from there.

TinaMouse
05-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Awesome, Mark! I will try to hit it that first day we're there. That sounds like a great way to start the vacation--just dinner at SciFi and then Fantasmic. I'll mark the other days just in case I need an alternate day.

My ADRs will be done this week.

Drince88
05-18-2009, 04:18 AM
Did I 'miss the memo' when Wishes would be down in August, or did Disney just forget to put them on the calendar? I see it in July, but paging through more than a week of August, I didn't see it on any day, not even on days where SpectroMagic was scheduled.

I was going to send a question in via the official website - and now I can't find the 'contact us' and I can't even find the WDW-only site map (I found the Disney.com site map - but it has a single line for WDW) - so if anyone knows about Wishes - or where I'm being blind on the official site for where to find an 'email us' option - I'd appreciate the assist!

dahunter1129
05-18-2009, 01:56 PM
It's not that bad. I do it every year.

You just have to be relaxed. If all you do is think about the heat and humidity you will be hot. Think cool thoughts.

And frozen margaritas don't hurt! :eyeroll: We go in September every year.

wishiwasthere
05-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Lemon slushes from France make it easier too :)

TinaMouse
05-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Did I 'miss the memo' when Wishes would be down in August, or did Disney just forget to put them on the calendar? I see it in July, but paging through more than a week of August, I didn't see it on any day, not even on days where SpectroMagic was scheduled.

I was going to send a question in via the official website - and now I can't find the 'contact us' and I can't even find the WDW-only site map (I found the Disney.com site map - but it has a single line for WDW) - so if anyone knows about Wishes - or where I'm being blind on the official site for where to find an 'email us' option - I'd appreciate the assist!

WHAAATTT???? No wishes? No, I must've missed it too. I sent a question in via the website and I did get 2 responses. One canned and another one a few days later specific to my question (but by then, the August calendar was up and it didn't matter). The link is...

Hmmm....The link just says Disney.com/index on any page and that's not right. Cathy, when you get to the park section of the website, type "contact us email" in the search engine and the 1st result is the form. I don't know why it won't let me link it.

Hope this helps.

Drince88
05-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Actually, I did find it under the 'front' page of disneyworld.com - at the bottom in the right section. But not on the very bottom of 'every' page.

ETA: I sent off the question, hopefully I'll get a 'real' answer back. I did get a GREAT response back one time when they were in the middle of transitioning from the old design to the new design. There was a 'contact us' form, but no 'submit' button. I won't do the response justice if I do it from memory - but it was DEFINITELY not a form letter!

Busy Mom
05-25-2009, 01:29 PM
Fireworks are not listed at all in the time frame that we are going to be at Disney on the official site. Does anyone know if there are going to be any or not?

ourtrip
05-25-2009, 02:14 PM
there will definitely be fireworks at MK. i would be surprised if they didn't have them every night in august with the crowd levels that come with the summer months.

i think they are not listed because they are still trying to determine the TIME of the fireworks for each night which ised on how late the park will be open.

Ragrobyn
05-25-2009, 04:43 PM
The Canadian Disney site still has the old - and better :eyeroll:- format for the calendar. It show the time for Wishes in August. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdwi/en_CA/calendar/parkhours/calendarHome?id=MKCalendarParkHoursMonthlyViewPage&date=20090801 So...if it is correct...Wishes is still a GO!:D

Drince88
05-25-2009, 05:14 PM
I sent a question into the website asking about the fact that Wishes wasn't listed (even though Spectromagic was on many nights), and haven't heard back anything.

I would assume, at a minimum, that any night with Spectro would also have Wishes showing.

ETA: I merged the thread about Wishes in August, and the thread about August hours together. Check out Ragrobyn's post for a link to the Canadian website that DOES have Wishes included.