PDA

View Full Version : Fanny packs on the rides?

bantha09
05-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Do they still let you wear fanny packs while on rides like BTMRR or do they make you take them off like they do on some rides at Six flags and other theme parks?

Drince88
05-05-2009, 09:29 AM
I haven't heard any reports that you can't bring anything on the rides. Even RnR let's you bring bags on (either wearing them if they don't interfere with the restraints, or having them at your feet), and that one goes upside down.

DisneyDustin22
05-05-2009, 09:31 AM
I had a backpack and a camera bag with me on RNR. I just put one leg through each strap.

bantha09
05-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Alright, I thought so but rest of family wanted to confirm.

they put a lot of stock in what you guys say, feel proud!

Drince88
05-05-2009, 10:20 AM
Alright, I thought so but rest of family wanted to confirm.
That actually makes me feel a little better - I was having 'issues' envisioning you with a fanny pack and your pin-"belts" (for lack of a better word)

they put a lot of stock in what you guys say, feel proud!

Awww - If you guys figure out anything 'important' - make sure you report back!

Leslie
05-05-2009, 10:35 AM
I use a fanny pack everyday that were there because my husband wont be caught dead wearing one. But very handy to have and as stated, slip your leg through it on the rides that go up and around. I wont go without one.

bantha09
05-05-2009, 10:47 AM
That actually makes me feel a little better - I was having 'issues' envisioning you with a fanny pack and your pin-"belts" (for lack of a better word)

Te thought of that made me laugh too! I normally wear pants with deep pockets to keep stuff in.

Drince88
05-05-2009, 11:44 AM
I wont go without one.

Yes, but you're not a 19(?) year old male, either, Leslie!!! I USED to wear one but then I switched to a small messenger 'style' bag, but that's not much bigger than 5x8.5" (a little bigger than a folded piece of paper) - it's big enough for my camera, phone (if I'm meeting up with someone) and a poncho or two (the cheap ones) plus the basics.

(I'm guessing there, bantha - but I think I'm close!)

wishiwasthere
05-05-2009, 11:53 AM
I used to wear a fanny pack when I was 9. It had a troll on it and was pink and purple.

I thought I was the coolest person wearing that and my green and purple Bugs Bunny hat. I wore that hat so often you would think I sewed it to my head.

Now I just use a draw string back pack. The only thing that actually takes up space in there is my poncho. If I didn't need that I could probably go without anything.

Leslie
05-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Cathy, How do you know Im not a 19 year old male? I could just be a Disney junkie, wait I'am a Disney junkie..lol No, really Im not 19 thank god. But when I have spent many many months and dollars planning a vacation I dont really care who see's me with a fanny pack. I do not wear something because of what my age is or for a fashion statement. I want convience and ease to get into it and really I dont think you would run into anyone you would know or be embarrassed with having it on. A fanny pack is basically hands free and come's in many different sizes and colors. I usually have my blue one on as it matches most of what Im wearing. But wearing a fanny back, back pack is a personal choice for each taste and comfort. Just my own personal experience. And although Im not 19 years old I hope to be riding SM well into my 90's god willing...lol

Drince88
05-05-2009, 01:04 PM
You COULD be a 19 year old male - but that's not the persona you display here. You've talked about your 19 year old kids, I believe, even!

I'm all for 'whatever works for you' - I'm sorry if you thought I implied otherwise - but MOST 19 year old males wouldn't be wearing a fanny pack - and I DID wait until Bantha said he was asking for others before 'saying something' about him using one.

scoobydooby
05-05-2009, 01:28 PM
I hunted and hunted and hunted and eventually found a tardis like small pink back pack. It was perfect for the parks and fitted on every ride in one form or another, although I never rode Rock n Roller Coaster this trip. The first trip we made with the children I used a bum bag (I can't use the f word, it means something very different here ;) ) but it was really irritating and just not big enough for a mum who is required to pull all things out of a bag at random moments.

4biegelboys
05-05-2009, 05:20 PM
I always wear a fanny pack or a I have a small bag that I can fit everything in it that I wouldn't leave in the stroller. At one park they started making you take off all fanny packs or bags of that sort and I had to hurry up and shove all all my important stuff in my pockets!! They let me ride with it in the prior years it was a new rule.
I never had any problems wearing them at any Disney park.

Leslie
05-06-2009, 03:41 AM
Good memory Cathy, I do have (2) 19 year old boys coming with us. And no they wouldnt do the fanny pack thing either. But will most likely wear shorts with BIG pockets. Its funny because when we went in 2007 if I needed my husband to quickly hold the fanny pack for me for a second he wouldnt tough it. Must be a guy thing...I personally dont care what it looks like...

4biegelboys
05-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Good memory Cathy, I do have (2) 19 year old boys coming with us. And no they wouldnt do the fanny pack thing either. But will most likely wear shorts with BIG pockets. Its funny because when we went in 2007 if I needed my husband to quickly hold the fanny pack for me for a second he wouldnt tough it. Must be a guy thing...I personally dont care what it looks like...

Yes my husband either..you would think it would be the other way around!!

Meisha B
05-06-2009, 11:39 AM
I carry a book bag when I am there instead of a purse. I put certain things in certain pockets so I always know where to find FP, camera, sunscreen, glasses, wallet, cell phone, Photopass card. I get myself very organized. It worked really well last year when DH carried it because I knew where everything was and could just grab it. This year I had to wear it and take it off when I needed something. As for rides, we took it on everything.