PDA

View Full Version : shows, parades, and fireworks...OH MY! [When are the schedules be posted]

iHEARTtheMOUSE
05-01-2009, 09:04 AM
I know that park hours are available 3 months prior (right?), but when will schedule for parades, shows, and fireworks for Sept be available? With the park hours on disney website? We need to know this before scheduling ADRs--especially since hearing that fantasmic is only a couples of nights a week now. Is that the case for illuminations and MK fireworks as well? I hope not! Are showtimes at the parks the same everyday (i.e. nemo, beauty and the beast, etc.?) When can we have maps of the parks with accurate showtimes sent to us? Sorry for all the questions. I'm just trying to get it straight! We've never done the dining plan before and haven't made so many reservations this far in advance! THANKS!

littlej
05-01-2009, 10:04 AM
They should be posting the fireworks and parade times at the same time that they post the park hours. But they can change in those last three months, so check back frequently. As far as I know, Illuminations and Wishes are still every night, though the times can change. The smaller shows are not necessarily the same time every day, and Disney won't post those online. The most accurate way to find those times are by picking up a Times Guide for the week or day at guest relations at your Disney hotel or in several places at the parks.

I have been known to use a website run by Steve Soares called Walt Disney World Entertainment. It is not affiliated with Disney. He does a nice job of keeping it up to date weekly with the most current show times, but you'll have to visit his site just before you leave. I think he updates it on Saturdays, but he explains it better on his site.

Hope this helps!

Drince88
05-01-2009, 10:57 AM
I would not count on Wishes being every night - ESPECIALLY if you're in 'party season' (i.e., Halloween and Christmas).

GENERALLY the post the big shows within a day or two of the general hours. For example, right now the August park hours are up, but only some of the small items are on the daily calendar.

BUT, when I looked at each day at the end of July, they had SpectroMagic on the schedule, but no fireworks, so that just looked like maybe it was incomplete to me (because with the amount of EMH days they were having, I can't see them skipping fireworks!)

dngnb8
05-01-2009, 11:20 AM
You must go to the California Grill Viewing Balcony to watch the Magic Kingdom Fireworks show. You are actually above the fireworks as they explode.

iHEARTtheMOUSE
05-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Thanks, everyone! Also, littlej, I will keep that website in mind. Thanks!

Drince88
05-01-2009, 02:19 PM
You must go to the California Grill Viewing Balcony to watch the Magic Kingdom Fireworks show. You are actually above the fireworks as they explode.

You can not go there any more unless you have reservations that evening for the restaurant. Though I believe the concourse level still has public viewing (though I haven't paid attention to the site lines since they started BLT construction)

dngnb8
05-01-2009, 03:15 PM
You can not go there any more unless you have reservations that evening for the restaurant. Though I believe the concourse level still has public viewing (though I haven't paid attention to the site lines since they started BLT construction)

We made desert reservations.