PDA

View Full Version : Free dining [available for fall 2009]

Pages : [1] 2

Leslie
03-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Anyone know if there will be free dining during the value week November 29- Dec.6th? Anyway to find out or to early to know yet?

TNDisneyFan
03-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Does anyone know if Disney has offered free dining for stays this fall?

Drince88
03-10-2009, 12:25 PM
To my knowledge, they haven't announced any 'free dining' package promotions for 2009 for the general public. Mark will include any public discounts in the MousePlanet WDW weekly updates on Mondays after they're announced, and Mary at www.mousesavers.com will post the information as soon as it's available.

It's a bit early, historically, for when Disney has announced the free dining for September, and in the past few years, that's the only time it's been available. (Sept = month of Sept plus a week or two in August, and maybe a little way into October)

TNDisneyFan
03-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the info. Do you remember approx. when they announced the promotion the last few years. We're going in Sept., and would love the additional savings.

Cdn Mickey
03-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the info. Do you remember approx. when they announced the promotion the last few years. We're going in Sept., and would love the additional savings.

We are going Sept. 13-20th and waiting to book for the Dining Announcement too.

We went in 2005 September 11-19th and it was around April when we heard the dates.

Group of 12 going this time.

GusMan
03-10-2009, 08:05 PM
My take is this... dont wait to book just because you are hoping they are going to offer free dining. Book for when you want to go and if an offer, free dining or otherwise, comes out call back and see if you can have the offer applied to your current reservation.

Think of it this way... an offer is no good if you can't get in on the deal because of the lack of availability.

TNDisneyFan
03-11-2009, 07:06 AM
Good point Gusman.

Drince88
03-11-2009, 07:14 AM
If you want to see when Disney has released discounts in the past - this page from Mousesavers (http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html#codetrends)will save you a lot of digging.

scoobydooby
03-16-2009, 01:01 PM
In my experience the 'free dining' offer hits the Disney UK website some time before the deal comes out in the US and the dates are very similar for the promotion so it's worth keeping your eye on that website to possibly get an advance idea. I know when we booked with free dining for August 2008 we did it before the offer was released in the US.

tjrj
03-26-2009, 04:15 AM
mods-I wasn't sure whether to put this in "good eats" or here. If this is the wrong spot, sorry!

Free dining for late summer/early fall was released this morning to Disney Visa cardholders. Exact same offer is expected to be released on the 30th to the general public.

Hope this makes someones day-it sure made mine:)

Deets are on Mary's mousesavers.com too.

Book now thru June 21st. Travel dates 8/16-Oct 3.

Codes are: RYI-regular dining plan; EEV-deluxe dining plan(upcharge); UXQ-deluxe and wine(upcharge)

Mary's site says that suites are excluded but I was able to book the Family Suites for it.

Really happy that Disney extended the end date from what has been traditional the last couple of years.

We get to go a little later in the year-experience F & W BUT get to miss that first weekend which may be pretty busy.

I think there might be a bit of a room discount in there as well. When I priced it last night online wo the dining plan-but including a couple of days of regular season, it came out the same price when all days are in value season.

AVP
03-26-2009, 05:55 AM
From Mark's MousePlanet Blog (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=380):

Walt Disney World Magic Your Way packages with free dining plan have been released for Disney Visa cardholders only, according to Sue Pisaturo of MousePlanet sponsor Small World Vacations (http://www.smallworldvacations.com/).

The rates are good for travel dates August 16 - October 3, and must be booked between today and June 21.

As before, the included dining plan is the Basic plan, with a discounted upgrade to the Deluxe plan. It seems that Disney has not downgraded the free plan to the Quick Service plan, as had been feared by many.

One difference, though, is that guests must be check out by October 3. There's no "arrive by October 3 and it's good for the length of your stay" as there has been in the past.
[NOTE: We are now receiving conflicting information on this point. Sue is looking into it, but if you try to make a reservation extending beyond October 3, please post in the comments section to let us know what you find!]

The free Disney Visa dining codes are:

RYI - Disney Visa Basic Dining
EEV - Disney Visa Deluxe Dining
UXQ - Disney Visa Deluxe Dining with Wine

Your deposit must be paid with a valid Disney Visa card at the time of booking. No courtesy holds are allowed for this offer.

Of course, free dining for Disney Visa cardholders generally precedes an offer to the public at large, so we wouldn't be surprised to see general availability by early next week. We'll let you know when we hear anything official.

wishiwasthere
03-26-2009, 07:03 AM
Mom is making the reservation and our reservationist said we are the first one to call today (for her at least) for the free dining. We were scared that we would call and it would be hard to get because a lot of people would be booking. This might be a good thing!

adkinsfamily
03-27-2009, 05:44 AM
Hello!! We just recent stayed at the Poly (March 14-21) and while we were there we booked the "bounceback" offer for Sept. 30th - Oct. 4th. We got a studio at BWV for $201 p/night. Does anyone know if we can add the free dining to that offer when it is released? We also purchased an AP while we were there (upgraded the 7 day tickets we had to an AP). If we can't add the free dining to the "bounceback," can you add it to a room at the discounted AP rate?

Drince88
03-27-2009, 05:55 AM
Discounts are not usually combinable. That means, you can have the rate you have ($201) , the free dining at the rack rate, or the AP discount.

You'll have to run the numbers for your group to see what's the best deal (and I don't think AP rates have been annouced for Sept yet).

Leslie
03-27-2009, 06:25 AM
Would they do free dining if you do a discounted room rate of 49.00/ night that we have reserved for Nov. 20th- Dec 6th? If so, that would be big time awesome...

adkinsfamily
03-27-2009, 06:29 AM
Sorry, I know that I am being crazy here. What about if you booked through AAA and got a AAA rate of $268, could you get free dining with that?

Leslie
03-27-2009, 07:17 AM
I did it again, I meant to say Nov.29th.....

DisneyDustin22
03-27-2009, 07:54 AM
Would they do free dining if you do a discounted room rate of 49.00/ night that we have reserved for Nov. 20th- Dec 6th? If so, that would be big time awesome...

Last day for free dining is October 3. So you could not get this package for November.

Drince88
03-27-2009, 08:02 AM
Sorry, I know that I am being crazy here. What about if you booked through AAA and got a AAA rate of $268, could you get free dining with that?

You'll have to check with your AAA travel agent. A lot of times they do allow that 'double dipping' on discounts.

wwomant
03-27-2009, 05:36 PM
You'll have to check with your AAA travel agent. A lot of times they do allow that 'double dipping' on discounts.

I also got an offer in the mail for $49 rates at value resorts, do you think you can use that discount and still get the free dining?

TinaMouse
03-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Go for it, but WOW--that would be SUPER cheap for $49/night for room and food???/ WHOA! I'd stay for a MONTH LOL!

Drince88
03-28-2009, 01:36 PM
I also got an offer in the mail for $49 rates at value resorts, do you think you can use that discount and still get the free dining?

I seriously doubt it.

wwomant
03-28-2009, 07:53 PM
I seriously doubt it.

Me too, but it sure would be nice. :rolleyes:

That kind of deal might make take the plunge and try out The World. :)

stan4d_steph
03-30-2009, 06:09 AM
Free dining has now been released for everyone. See Mark's blog entry for applicable codes (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=384). You must book by June 21.

bantha09
03-30-2009, 06:16 AM
we leave on August 19 but arrive on the 3rd, can we try to get free dining for just the last 2 days?