PDA

View Full Version : Cape May Clam Bake Dinner?

apricotwalnut
03-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Just wondering what people think/thought of the Cape May Clam Bake Buffett? We are arriving in June and should get into the Beach Club Resort about 8:00 pm. We will have spent all day travelling so dinner at our hotel really seems like the only option (followed by bed. What are your opinions of it?

Thanks

mom22gls
03-07-2009, 12:44 PM
We have had dinner there several times, and always enjoyed it. My kids and husband love steamed clams, and they always get their fill. I don't care for clams, but there are lots of other options, including meat and ribs. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Cheshire Figment
03-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Of if you want table service instead of a buffet the Captain's Grille (formerly the Yacht Club Galley) is right in the same building.

GusMan
03-07-2009, 08:03 PM
The Clam Bake is one of our faves. The nice part is that not only do they have the seafood part, but they also have non-seafood options to help meet everyones tastes.

dawz1026
03-09-2009, 08:21 AM
love love the clam bake....yum

tjrj
03-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Well differing opinons and all that-I thought the Clam Bake was really disappointing. In all aspects-food choices, service, presentation, ok-the desserts were appealing but that was about it.

But I've also always said-"never let someone else's bad opinion keep me from trying a TS at WDW"-so there ya' go!

spectromen
03-09-2009, 05:19 PM
I loved it, but I was on the Dining Plan and didn't pay cash for it. The buffet is good (although you always hear reports of various more expensive menu items being eliminated) but not great - not 5 star resort buffet - but after a long day, if you want to fill your bellies with nice, satisfying food, it will do the trick, and as others have said, you don't have to like clams either.

TinaMouse
03-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Eh. Just eh for me, but I am allergic to seafood. Why did I go there then? Because my son and hubby can eat their weight in mussels and clams. They enjoyed themselves and I ate Mickey Mac and cheese. LOL!

So, yes, I would go back if everyone in my party were seafood people. If I were going by myself, I'd skip it.

njtravelerof6
03-10-2009, 08:44 AM
Eh. Just eh for me, but I am allergic to seafood. Why did I go there then? Because my son and hubby can eat their weight in mussels and clams. They enjoyed themselves and I ate Mickey Mac and cheese. LOL!

So, yes, I would go back if everyone in my party were seafood people. If I were going by myself, I'd skip it.

What a good wife and Mom you are! :)

Dlandmom
03-11-2009, 11:56 PM
If you want something lighter, you may want to check Beaches and Cream to see if there's much of a wait (it'll probably be packed at dinner, but if you're not arriving until 8, it may start to slow down a bit by then). And, since you're staying at the BC, you could always put your name on the waitlist, ask approximately how long the wait will be, then check in and get yourselves settled in your room before going back down to the restaurant.

I know that after a long day, I won't want something all that heavy right before I fall asleep. Plus, a light dinner followed by yummy ice cream would be a great start to a WDW vacation!

RunninDisney
03-12-2009, 03:59 PM
I go there just for the chocolate covered oreo thingys. :D