PDA

View Full Version : Dining in Downtown Disney

bantha09
03-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Hi everybody, during our trip to WDW I am going to be going off on my own to Downtown Disney to spend the Day at DisneyQuest and the rest of Downtown.

On to the question, since I'll be spending the day there, I wanted to go somewhere for dinner in downtown(or not in a park), and was wondering what you guys recommend for an 18 year old trying to "save" for college?

Andrew
03-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Earl of Sandwich (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=BMA402), hands down.

KJSJpipe
03-06-2009, 03:12 AM
Earl of Sandwich (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=BMA402), hands down.

Ditto. They have great sandwiches and they are not expensive at all. Lots of great choices, I like the Original myself. You don't say when you are going but when we go in November/December they have a Holiday sandwich that is basically a Turkey Dinner on a roll that my husband loves.

Menu. (http://allears.net/menu/menu_eofs.htm)

:)

DVCmom
03-06-2009, 03:42 AM
I agree with Earl. It is our favorite counter service in DTD. However, if you are one of those teens that do not like toasted bread like one of my teens there is a counter service in Disney Quest. There is also a Mc Donalds. Wolf Gang Puck Express I have heard is great. I have only been to the sit-down part. Many DTD places offer 10% (and some 20% but I think that's for lunch) to AP holders and/or DVC members (can't remember which have the discount.) Have a great day! My 18 year old son will be there in DTD soon as well. Enjoy! BTW I heard the Virgin Megastore was closing soon so you may want to make some purchases there. That was my teen daughter's favorite store.

bantha09
03-06-2009, 06:04 AM
Earl it will probably be then, the current plan is to do lunch in disneyquest, then shop and go to earl's in the evening. Thanks for the input nad that menu made me hungry, I can see why you go there every time you visit.

WdwGurl4life
03-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Wolfgang Puck Cafe- Express* it's a "fast food" place but it's really not! the food is SOOOOOOOOOO good and it will cost about 10$ a meal. If you are going to spend the $ tho* I LOVE Planet-Hollywood, but def do it for lunch if you are trying to save money! ( good food tho)

bantha09
03-09-2009, 07:18 PM
that mu shu chicken pocket sound AMAZING!, I might just have to go to Downtown more then once or I might just leave Disney quest, get lunch, and head back in, I got a while to decide, so I got time.

TinaMouse
03-10-2009, 07:16 AM
This isn't going to help you, but I think that the two suggestions (earl and express) are the ways to go. Just go to whichever you have a "taste" for that day. The BBQ Chix Quesadilla at WPExpress is DELISH. Many of the sammies at Earl are good. Oh--and if you go to Earl, there's a 1/2 earl grey iced tea, 1/2 lemonade concoction (like an Arnie Palmer) that is WONDERFUL.

bantha09
03-10-2009, 09:04 PM
True, I'll have to see what I feel like that day, but it will probably either one or both depending on what I think of the menu of the place inside disneyquest.

wishiwasthere
03-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Love Earl and love Wolfgang Puck Express. Eat lunch at one and dinner at the other. The food at disneyquest isn't as good.