PDA

View Full Version : Fabs [Frosty Adult Beverages]

lightygirl
02-27-2009, 03:22 PM
What and where is everyones favorite "frosty adult beverages?"

petesimac
02-27-2009, 05:16 PM
I never really get to partake. When we visit WDW, it's usually with my mom and stepfather, the latter of whom is a recovering (recovered -- 14 years and counting!) alcoholic, and I just don't like drinking a lager in front of him. But I'd like to live through others, tell me, what is the best brew at WDW resort?

Drince88
02-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Depending on my mood - I like a Rosa Regale from the Italy pavillion, an Oktoberfest from the German pavillion, or an iced gran marnier from the France pavillion.

That's very supportive of you, peteismac, to not drink in front of your stepfather. And kudos to him!

danyoung
03-02-2009, 08:50 AM
What a great question - I have so many places! Top of the list is the Rose & Crown Pub in Epcot's Britain pavilion. I'm not a beer drinker, but I do like the vodka martinis. I have them make 'em with frangelico (an almond liquour) instead of vermouth - yummm! On Thursdays and Sundays Pam Brody is playing piano - a very cool old lady!

I also enjoy Mizner's in the Grand Floridian lobby, especially when the lobby big band is playing right outside. And then there's the Tune In Lounge in the Studios - fun sitting at the bar and watching old timey tv on the many monitors around the Lounge.

And don't forget a glass of wine or 3 while walking around the World Showcase, especially during the Food & Wine Festival every fall!

Drince88
03-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Dan, I hate to correct you on the topic of ethanol, but frangelico is hazlenut, not almond!

danyoung
03-02-2009, 09:38 AM
You are absolutely right. And as many of them martinis as I've enjoyed, I should know the diff!

GusMan
03-02-2009, 11:12 AM
The frozen Grand Mariner orange slush is my fave as a "walk-around" beverage.

Thanks to the Rose and Crown's Imperial (beer) Sampler, I tend to enjoy a Stella Atrois every once in a while as well.

petesimac
03-02-2009, 12:19 PM
The frozen Grand Mariner orange slush is my fave as a "walk-around" beverage.

Thanks to the Rose and Crown's Imperial (beer) Sampler, I tend to enjoy a Stella Atrois every once in a while as well.

Rose and Crown Imperial beer sampler! Tell me more! I may have to sneak off from the rest of the party!

stan4d_steph
03-02-2009, 12:45 PM
You might want to check out the other threads listed that are tagged "drinks." (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/search.php?searchid=941767)

GusMan
03-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Rose and Crown Imperial beer sampler! Tell me more!
It was a set of five samples of different beers ranging from light to dark.

The glasses are like 5 ounces each, which is just enough to get a good sample of each. It was also reasonably priced for what you got.

I liked the Bass and Stella the most and re-affirmed by dislike for Guniness.

wishiwasthere
03-02-2009, 04:33 PM
I'll be very upset if they do not have Pina Coladas from San Juan at the Food and Wine this year. They were so creamy and I had a lot this past festival!

I like the lemon vodka slush from France. I haven't had the orange one. I have yet to enjoy a Rosa Regale. Ever try to down one of those in 5 minutes? I split my first one to see if I would like it. Then I finally got one of my own on my next vacation and I was so excited to walk the WS and enjoy it. But of course American Adventure was going to start in 5 minutes. That was hard to drink that quickly!
Island Sunset and Pina Colava are my two favorites at Tambu Lounge in the Poly.

petesimac
03-02-2009, 07:25 PM
It was a set of five samples of different beers ranging from light to dark.

The glasses are like 5 ounces each, which is just enough to get a good sample of each. It was also reasonably priced for what you got.

I liked the Bass and Stella the most and re-affirmed by dislike for Guniness.

Tastes are funny; I'm completely the opposite. I don't like lighter (colored) beers. I tried Stella once and didn't care for it much. I prefer the darker lagers. I like Bass but once got a skunky one and have been afraid to try another. I love Guinness, but I wouldn't call it a beer; it belongs in a class all by itself, slurp, slurp. I may have to try that sampler deal out if I ever find myself alone this July.