PDA

View Full Version : Boatwright's Discontinuing Breakfast?

AnnieOkie
02-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Saw this on another website....breakfast stopped being served 2/22/09. Can anyone confirm this?

GusMan
02-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Supposedly as of 2/21, they were no longer serving breakfast at Boatwrights.

It's a bummer too, if you ask me as it was a great place to get some real good breakfast without a lot of hassle. Omelets were great. Banana Stuffed French Toast was awesome and the pancakes were fab!

Niwel
02-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Supposedly as of 2/21, they were no longer serving breakfast at Boatwrights. Banana Stuffed French Toast was awesome and the pancakes were fab!

Oh man! I'm bummed (not that we were going to get a chance to have breakfast there during WDW MA anyway, but at least it was there). :crying:

If anyone finds a place elsewhere where they serve the banana french toast, PLEASE let me know.

Drince88
02-25-2009, 01:57 PM
If anyone finds a place elsewhere where they serve the banana french toast, PLEASE let me know.

Besides Tonga Toast at the Kona Cafe in the Poly?

What really bums me about this is on my departure day I often like a TS breakfast, particularly if there's not enough time to do a park. And I'm doing that because I want something RELAXING - and dealing with traveling to other resorts is often not relaxing.

So Boatwrights doesn't do breakfast any more, Shutters (at Caribbean Beach) doesn't do breakfast - what about the TS at Coronado?

danyoung
02-25-2009, 03:19 PM
They used to do a pretty average breakfast buffet in the Mara at the CSR. I don't know if this is still the case. The food court puts on a nice breakfast, though.

AnnieOkie
02-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the info gang. We had breakfast there last year on our departure day and it was very good. Oh well...

fiona1188
03-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Nooooooooooooooo!!!:eek:

We love Boatwrights Brekkie, we are going in September to POR and were looking forward to it.

Thanks for sharing - but I am heartbroken :(

JediGoofy
03-17-2009, 05:08 PM
That's to bad - I just ate there in feburary, great food. We ate there before heading out to Blizzard beach. We had a lot of late breakfasts and that was one of the best. :(
They must be trying to get more people to eat at the buffet or in the parks.

SchultzFamily
03-24-2009, 05:51 PM
They used to do a pretty average breakfast buffet in the Mara at the CSR. I don't know if this is still the case. The food court puts on a nice breakfast, though.

I think you mean the Maya Grill (Mara is at the AKL). And, yes, they still have the standard buffett at the Maya Grill.

My DH was very disappointed that Boatwrights stopped serving breakfast. We ate dinner there two years ago and hated it, but he really wanted to try the sweet potato pancakes this year after reading great reviews.

danyoung
03-24-2009, 06:33 PM
You are correct - I always get those two mixed up!