PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood and Vine?

WDWNooby
02-24-2009, 04:33 PM
If I can figure out the Fantasmic schedule, I was thinking of going to Hollywood and Vine for dinner with the show package. Has anyone eaten there? What do you think?

shordiebecka
02-24-2009, 05:00 PM
I have eaten at hollywood and vine, and i enjoyed it. It isn't anything over the top, doesn't have too much of a theme, but the all you can eat buffet is excellent- though I've heard from many sources it was horrible. It might just be the time I went? I liked it, I especially liked the location- it's right near the pond with the dino in it :~D If you are looking for something upscale and highly themed, this is not it! If you are looking for something with lots of food in a fun atmosphere, this it !

GusMan
02-24-2009, 05:45 PM
H&V is one of our faves. The food has been consistently good for us with a good variety, and the service is solid as well. This is one of the few places that I dont mind going to on a repeat basis.

It would be a good choice for the F! dining package, in my opinion.

SchultzFamily
03-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Sorry...in the minority here. One of three Disney restaurants we will never go back to. We try to always give each place two tries in case they had a bad night. Wish we had limited this one to once. The service was terrible, from the CM at the check-in, to our server. The place was filthy; the food medicore/bland and lukewarm...and that is when there was food and you didn't wait 20 minutes for it to be replaced (and this was 45 minutes after it opened).

runner110
03-30-2009, 04:53 AM
Sorry...in the minority here. One of three Disney restaurants we will never go back to. We try to always give each place two tries in case they had a bad night. Wish we had limited this one to once. The service was terrible, from the CM at the check-in, to our server. The place was filthy; the food medicore/bland and lukewarm...and that is when there was food and you didn't wait 20 minutes for it to be replaced (and this was 45 minutes after it opened).

This has been our experience exactly. We've been three times over two years, just because nothing else was available, and as I posted a while ago, short of being in the final minutes of starvation we'll never go again.

Leslie
03-30-2009, 05:16 AM
You know what should happen here on this forum? Is if someone who reads all these negatives AND positives guest experiences and forwards them to the approiate people if it being the restaurants, resorts etc. So they are aware of what can be changed for the better and what guest are saying so if a change can be made such as Hollywood and Vine they can find out the problem and change it. It would be to Disneys benefit to do some changes such as bad/cold food etc. so they dont lose more business. It is just my opinion only. I would want to know if I owned a business if I had bad ratings and do a change to keep people coming in. Again, my opinion....

Samrain
03-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Sorry...in the minority here. One of three Disney restaurants we will never go back to.

Out of curiosity, what are the other two?

WdwGurl4life
03-30-2009, 04:32 PM
I loveee Hollywood and Vine..my favorite in DHS but we are trying something new this time.. I REALLY love it there and as RANDOM as this sounds.. THEY HAVETHE BESTTTTT choc milk :)

SchultzFamily
03-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Out of curiosity, what are the other two?

Boatwright's and Whispering Canyon Cafe.

USNA21412
03-30-2009, 07:19 PM
What was awful about Whispering Canyon? The crazy noise and kids?

SchultzFamily
03-30-2009, 07:20 PM
What was awful about Whispering Canyon? The crazy noise and kids?

The service and the food (DH got sick on the skillet).

Samrain
03-31-2009, 07:35 AM
Boatwright's and Whispering Canyon Cafe.

We haven't tried any of these restaurants and I'm beginning to think it might be a good thing although I've been tempted to check out WC (especially since we're staying at WL on our next trip) and H&V (for the F! package).

TinaMouse
03-31-2009, 06:45 PM
The service and the food (DH got sick on the skillet).

I know that it could happen anywhere on any given day. Nature of the food biz. I got sick on Liberty Tree once, but I would certainly go back again. Just one of those things. Although, now that I think about it, Schultz, I haven't been back to LTT since.....:rolleyes: