PDA

View Full Version : port orleans riverside, or french quarter...what would you choose and why?

Pages : 1 [2]

Back2WDW inMEMofMOM
04-29-2009, 07:00 AM
We stayed at POR last September and we LOVED it! We did visit POFQ while we there to see what it was like and while it was very colorful and vivid, it was just too busy for us. When I first started planning the trip, I was looking at POP because of price and I thought I would have to come in at my lowest possible cost to even start trying to talk my husband into going. He is very bothered by crowds and being away from home (some sort of social issue). I started showing him videos and pictures of the differet resorts and he took one look at POP and veto'ed it. I said "But honey, we will just be sleeping there, does it really matter?". He looked at me and said... "look, if I am going to do this, I don't want to spend all day, every day in the parks (blasphemy, wash your mouth out with soap young man!). I want to enjoy some time at the hotel and I want to be somewhere peaceful and POR looks peaceful to me." Once I got over the " I'm not spending all day every day at the parks" comment, I though, holy cow... he said he would go AND he wants to spend extra money... where is my husband and what have they done with him? :D

In the end, we couldn't have made a better choice though! The extra money that we spent was totally worth it! I found that while I LOVE Disney.... it can be a little bit "much" with sensory overload and it was nice to come home to a place that was very peaceful with a little camouflaged disney thrown in so you didn't forget where you're at. We stayed in Oak Manr right across the foot bridge from the main building and we were right next to the quiet pool and we swam in that pool almost every night. I actually started to looking forward to relaxing in that pool every night almost as much as exploring the parks each day. The cast members were wonderful and polite, the grounds were immaculate and the boat rides and the river were just wonderful! There was little critters everywhere who were enjoying their home as much as we were and even though the place was filled to capacity while we were there, I don't think we passed more than twenty people all week long on the foot path to the main building.

If I had to say one thing that I was unhappy with, it was that the room was a little bit run down and the room size was smaller than the hotel we stayed at in Baltimore the night before our flight and nearly twice as expensive. When you throw in the disney transportation and the EMH though, the extra cost was worth it and the room size... well, we were at Disney, so who cares? All of the plusses made up for the very few negatives in a big way! We definitely loved it there ... so much that we are going back this Sep/Oct as well and I can't wait!