PDA

View Full Version : cinderella's castle

hmsharpe
01-05-2009, 12:55 PM
I just booked for our trip in three weeks time for Cinderella's castle. seeing as how i was so late in booking, i didn't get lunch or breakfast, rather dinner. They explained that the characters don't come to the table, there is a meeting and greet, then a show with the fairy godmother etc. but now visits. So, what I am wondering is, is it worth the cost without the table visits? We could also do 1900 Park Fare instead another night-should we just do that one? if you had to do one, which one? we have done neither before, have done the Akersaus (or however you spell that!). Our children are 3 1/2 and 5.

Drince88
01-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Are you going for character interaction, or to have the cool chance to eat in the Castle? If the former, ditch the castle, if the latter, stay there.

Also, when do you expect your next trip will be? If your youngest is about 5-6 at the time, you might want to save it for that trip. That way they'll both really remember the coolness of eating in the castle, and you won't have to do it again!

jenniebean
01-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Cinderella's Castle for dinner is my favorite WDW experience, but I'd suggest you save it for when they're older. The little show is cute, but short, & the only characters that come around are two mice.

Try asking the concierge at your hotel to check on breakfast & lunch, though. We couldn't get reservations, but the concierge came though at the last minute for breakfast on my 16th birthday :). Good luck & have fun!!

hmsharpe
01-06-2009, 08:53 PM
I am thinking of doing the 1900 Park Fare instead now-they loved the stepsisters when they saw them at the park last year and I think they like the character interaction. Both kids have no idea that eating in the castle is even an option, so I think we will save the $70 or so it is in cost difference and do the Park Fare. Hopefully it is a good decision.