PDA

View Full Version : Tea at The Grand Floridian

momof three
12-28-2008, 09:37 AM
My Mom wants to have the girls in our family meet for tea at The Grand Floridian. This would include three little girls ages 5,7 and 11. Has anyone here ever done this? Would this be appropriate for the little ones in our party? What was your experince like? Would you do this again? To be honest my sister and I are really questioning taking our daughters here. We need to know it would be okay. We are trying to make Mom happy but don't want to have the only children in the room. Any information you guys could share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mily

Kristina27
12-28-2008, 10:59 AM
We have had tea there twice. The first time my older son was 8 and the 2nd time he was 11 and I had my 14 month old as well. It was of course a bit less enjoyable with a toddler but we never got any looks or anything and there were plenty of people with kids. It is Disney after all and kids and welcome and expected everywhere. It is a fun experience and you will enjoy it!

mom22gls
12-28-2008, 11:32 AM
It's fine to bring kids there. We have had tea there twice, with our two daughters. The last time we were there, was in March, and our kids were 9 and 6. They have a tea menu for kids, or, if they don't want what is offered, you can just order whatever they want, a la carte. The atmosphere is not overly formal.

momof three
12-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Thanks you guys. This is just what I needed to know. My Mom will be so happy to hear this. For some reason this is her big thing on this trip. My anti princess daughter might have an issue with it as Grandma will want her to look like a little lady in an actual dress. Oh well, she will surrive. Grandma is forever thinking of her. My anti princess might just learn a good lesson about about putting Grandma first for once.

Mily

TinaMouse
12-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Tea at the GF is one of my fondest memories of ANY WDW trip.... Go for it!

marisag
12-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Tea at the GF is one of my fondest memories of ANY WDW trip.... Go for it!

I couldn't agree more! We have been there many times with parties of all ages and everyone has always loved it.