PDA

View Full Version : Just Back-Food Reviews

twosiamesecats
11-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Hi, I just got back from WDW. I was there November 21 and left early on 26. I was not on the DDP. I was with my DD12, who is considered an adult by Disney. Here are my reviews.

1. Chefs De France- The food was excellent. Both my DD12 and I had the French lunch special. Our waiter was very nice. Grade-A.

2. Crystal Palace- My DD12 favorite. We ate lunch here. The food, service, and character interaction was excellent. Grade-A.

3. Teppan Edo- This was our 1st time here. We had a waiter named Go that was adorable. This was by far our favorite restaurant. Grade A.

4. Tutto Italia- I still prefer Alfredo's, but the food was good. Grade B+.

5. The Plaza Restaurant- It's like a Friendly's or a Swenson's. Good burgers and shakes. Grade B.

6. Captain Cooke's- We had a late dinner here. I found the menu to be odd. Grade C.

7. 1900 Park Fare- We ate dinner here. Our reservation was for 5, but they didn't seat us until 5:45pm. We found out why. The character interaction was so slow that half the tables we finished with their meals, but were waiting for the characters. The food was picked over. The food staff seemed only to replenish the kid's buffet. I thought the famous strawberry soup tasted like a strawberry smoothie. This was by far the most expensive meal. With tip, it was close to $100! Unless your child loves Cinderella, avoid this place like the plague. It was a complete ripoff. Grade F.

These are just my opinions. I know some might disagree with me. Just remember to tip your waiters. They work very hard.

wishiwasthere
11-28-2008, 02:12 PM
I agree with Captain Cooke's. I did not like it there at all and it was the one downside I found at the Polynesian.

TinaMouse
11-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the quick review! Strawberry soup is essentially a smoothie thinned out with cream or sour cream. I LOVE it. Sorry for the dinner at 1900, though. Sounds like a major bummer. I thought Les Chefs was awesome too!

GusMan
11-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Sorry about your 1900PF experience. While my daughter was of the "princess-loving" age, it was a fave of ours. Food and interaction was both really good during our visits. Im hoping that this fave of many isnt starting to show signs of "wear and tear."

If you have time, it would be great if you stopped by MP's Restaurant Reviews (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?product-category=Walt%20Disney%20World%20Resort%20%2F%20Re staurants)page and provided some additional input for all to see.

Mark099
12-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Several years ago, my wife and sister got food poisoning from a character meal at 1900 PF. It was bad enough to have to suffer 2 days with the poisoning, but the Disney staff were not very sympathetic or helpful.

mom22gls
12-03-2008, 09:17 AM
When we had lunch at Chefs de France a year or two ago, the food was fine, but I did not appreciate how the waitress really pushed a particular cocktail. My husband started to order it, and I took a quick glimpse at the menu, and saw that it was a mighty expensive drink. If memory serves, it was $14 or so. I ordered a glass of wine, instead. What my husband received was a pretty ordinary drink, didn't have top shelf liquor or anything. Because lunch is less expensive than dinner, the staff must have been pushing the more expensive drinks, to jack up the tips.

ourtrip
12-06-2008, 07:47 AM
nice post.

thanks for the reviews, i'd like to see more of these types of quick concise restaurant reviews.

dining is a big part of the wdw experience and making the best choices can make a vacation just a little more magical. our first trip about 9 years ago we had no idea of the number of dining options and since we were on a tight budget, we did many counter and kiosk meals. one of our favorites was hot dogs and frozen drinks at the steamboat landing in MK. of course now we have a much better grasp of dining and a better budget to work with.