PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Tree Tavern or Crystal Palace? two teenage boys...

kkmickey
11-24-2008, 09:25 AM
On Sunday, 12/14, it will be the first day of our trip to WDW. My kids have never been that big on character meals, even when they were younger. However, I really want to get some pictures with characters this trip. My previous ADR for that day is LTT at 1:40 for lunch (no characters at that time). However, my brother was just at CP last week, and the decor is so cute, I thought it would make a great backdrop for a Christmas picture. Also, even though my boys are now 16 and 18, they could probably stand a character meal. I was able to get an ADR at CP at 4:05 on that day, which is perfect, because we're going to MVMCP that night, and an early dinner would be perfect. (Plus, we will still be on West Coast time, and that will be our lunch!)

What do you think? I think I will cancel LTT and go with CP, although the pot roast at LTT sounds really good!

Shoot, I've changed ADRs a couple of times in the last week or two, now I have to print up THREE new tip envelopes!

Drince88
11-24-2008, 09:39 AM
I really enjoyed the meal I had at Crystal Palace - and I'm not a big fan of buffets in general - everything really seemed to taste good and hit the spot. I think, given the ages of your sons, doing a character meal is going to be the only way to get a picture of them with any characters. Plus the timing is perfect if you're doing the party.

jenniebean
11-24-2008, 10:00 AM
As far as teenage boys & character meals, when I went with my choir in high school, I became the sort of "official expert" & made all the ADRs for whoever wanted them; the group of the most "I'm too cool for this" 16 & 17 year old boys were ecstatic over the idea of a character meal at CP... they still talk about how awesome it was, so I think, as far as ages go, you should be fine.

kkmickey
11-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I think that with the timing before MVMCP, it will be a great meal.

scoobydooby
11-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Boys that age will be able to eat even until they drop at CP! I found this to be a good buffet compared to some others and with small children we've done them all in our 2 trips. Also, pictures of boys that age with Pooh et al would be very cute for you after the event if you can talk them into it!

Goofyone
02-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Did you eat the CP? Get any pictures you can post? We would like to see them if you don't mind. I have a 15 yr old son and he enjoys our meals at CP. We make it a piont to eat breakfast there every trip. You can see how he's grown through the yrs standing next to the characters. Hope you check this thread.

kkmickey
02-23-2009, 07:52 PM
Yes, we actually did eat at the Crystal Palace, and it was fun! The boys even liked it. First let me say that we also at lunch at the Liberty Tree, and the service was excellent and the food was the best! The food at the Crystal Palace was pretty good, but of course, we went mostly for the characters. I will try and post pictures, but I've never done it before. Check back on my profile, and if it doesn't work, I'll find another way to share the photos.

kkmickey
02-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Ok, so I am challenged in this area. I actually just posted the photos to my Facebook. My name is Kristin Meador if you want to see. I've made them public.

kkmickey
02-23-2009, 08:06 PM
If you wait until later tonight, I will post an album of pics from that trip. I'm working on it right now.

Leslie
02-24-2009, 02:30 PM
I took 2 teenager boys to Crystal Palace 2 years ago and they loved it so did we. CP has my vote...

AnnieOkie
02-25-2009, 01:55 PM
I got the best pic of my "cool" 16-year-old with Goofy last year.:cool: My 11-year-old turned into a 7-year-old in the presence of Pooh:)....I'm glad we went to the Crystal Palace for dinner....food was great and the boys enjoyed it. Highly recommend it.

AnnieOkie
02-26-2009, 01:11 PM
I got the best pic of my "cool" 16-year-old with Goofy last year.:cool: My 11-year-old turned into a 7-year-old in the presence of Pooh:)....I'm glad we went to the Crystal Palace for dinner....food was great and the boys enjoyed it. Highly recommend it.

Edit: It was Tigger, not Goofy!:rolleyes: