PDA

View Full Version : ADRs 12/14 - 12/19 What do you think?

kkmickey
11-20-2008, 02:33 PM
After many changes of plans and making/canceling reservations, what do you think of this current list?

Sun 12/14 Liberty Tree Tavern - Lunch 1:30
Mon 12/15 Coral Reef 1:50 (Candlelight Processional pkg at 5pm)
Mon 12/15 Chefs de France dinner at 7:30
* I know, two big meals kind of close together, but it just worked out that way
Tues 12/16 Whispering Canyon 8pm dinner
Wed 12/17 Lunch 11:30 at Brown Derby :)
Thur 12/18 Sci Fi Diner 5:15
Fri 12/19 Boma's dinner at 5pm

ourtrip
11-20-2008, 03:32 PM
i like them, but you'll hear plenty of different opinions here. your adrs look very similar to what we are doing in feb. i think you will have a very good dining experience.

TinaMouse
11-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Looks good to me! Are you on the DDP? If not, just have an appetizer and salad or split an entree at Coral Reef and then do the same at LeChef's! 2 big meal problem solved!

kkmickey
11-20-2008, 09:15 PM
Yes, we're on the dining plan. Tina, you will be there some of the days that I will. Think we will run into each other???? LOL -

Drince88
11-21-2008, 04:25 AM
You do realize that Brown Derby is two credits on the DP, right? Are you at WDW more nights than listed, or are you planning on paying for something Out of Pocket? If you don't have the DP credit, I would cancel the Chefs. I just worry about too much food on that day.

TinaMouse
11-21-2008, 05:01 AM
Yes, we're on the dining plan. Tina, you will be there some of the days that I will. Think we will run into each other???? LOL -

We can try!!!! I can send you my itinerary and see if it connects with anything you have planned....Are you going to any MouseFest meets? Moussefest, perhaps?

Never mind....I just re-looked at the dates. I'm around Tuesday morning before my plane leaves in the late afternoon.....

kkmickey
11-21-2008, 07:26 AM
You do realize that Brown Derby is two credits on the DP, right?

Yes, the Lunch at Brown Derby is a SPECIAL EVENT for my son's birthday, and we are paying out-of-pocket.

Drince88
11-21-2008, 07:44 AM
Yes, the Lunch at Brown Derby is a SPECIAL EVENT for my son's birthday, and we are paying out-of-pocket.

Cool!

Those two meals around Candlelight really concern me. I'd hate for you to go into the second not really hungry enough to get full benefit of it.

What about -try to make a Wednesday morning ADR at some place like the Kona Cafe, and then if you're hungry enough after Candlelight for Chef's, then do that and call when you get back to the room to cancel Kona. And if you're not hungry enough, stop by Chef's and cancel that.

I picked Wednesday since you have such a late dinner that night (relatively speaking)!

Wendi
11-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Looks good to me. We'll be there during that same time as well. Where are you staying? Are you going to any of the MouseFest events?

jenjustinsmom
11-21-2008, 03:23 PM
what about doing lunch with am imagineer at the brown derby? it is amazing. it is $75 per person and you learn so much.

jenjustinsmom
11-21-2008, 03:30 PM
http://allears.net/din/dine_imag.htm i don't know if i am allowed to post this if i am not i am sorry

marisag
11-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Your choices look Yummy!!!

kkmickey
11-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Wendi (and Tina, and anyone else who will be there Dec 14-20)

I am not planning on doing any Mousefest events. I am pretty much a WDW newbie. I have been there twice - once just after MK opened, before Epcot! and once in 2003 with my husband and our youngest son - DH was there on a conference, and we just tagged along, spent a couple of days, and I didn't really have to plan anything. This time is OUR FAMILY TRIP (minus my 20 year old son who doesn't live at home and is not as Disney crazy as the rest of us)

Here is our park itinerary (after many revisions), We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside

Sat. 12/13: Fly PDX to MCO, take Disney trans to Port Orleans,
Eat dinner and get to bed and TRY to sleep!

Sun, 12/14 – Magic Kingdom 9am-7pm MVMCP
Resv at Liberty Tree 1:30pm

Mon, 12/15 - Epcot//Illuminations
Coral Reef 1:50 pm CP
5pm Candlelight Processional - don't know if the boys will want to do this
Chefs De France 7:20
Illuminations

Tues, 12/16 - MK
Whispering Canyon 8pm

Wed, 12/17 - DHS, lunch at 11:30 - Brown Derby
MK Spectro / Wishes

Thur, 12/18 - DHS
Sci Fi (5:15) and 2nd F!

Fri, 12/19 -AK, Boma at 5

Saturday, 12/20: Fly home :(

Drince88
11-22-2008, 01:39 AM

You're the Mom, make them!

Realistically, though, if they like traditional Christmas music at all, or like the story of Christmas at all, they should enjoy it just fine. Since you're going to the first show, it's not like you can have them see a little bit from the walkway to decide if they want to sit through it - but if they did skip it, and you came back gushing, or they saw part of it and liked it, they'd be really disappointed and then they'd be out of luck.

Just read through the thread in the DL forums about how popular it is there. I think the only reason that WDW doesn't have the issues is because it's not just one weekend (thank goodness!)

Wendi
11-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Wendi (and Tina, and anyone else who will be there Dec 14-20)

I am not planning on doing any Mousefest events. I am pretty much a WDW newbie. I have been there twice - once just after MK opened, before Epcot! and once in 2003 with my husband and our youngest son - DH was there on a conference, and we just tagged along, spent a couple of days, and I didn't really have to plan anything. This time is OUR FAMILY TRIP (minus my 20 year old son who doesn't live at home and is not as Disney crazy as the rest of us)

Here is our park itinerary (after many revisions), We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside

Sat. 12/13: Fly PDX to MCO, take Disney trans to Port Orleans,
Eat dinner and get to bed and TRY to sleep!

Sun, 12/14 – Magic Kingdom 9am-7pm MVMCP
Resv at Liberty Tree 1:30pm

Mon, 12/15 - Epcot//Illuminations
Coral Reef 1:50 pm CP
Chefs De France 7:20
Illuminations

Tues, 12/16 - MK
Whispering Canyon 8pm

Wed, 12/17 - DHS, lunch at 11:30 - Brown Derby
MK Spectro / Wishes

Thur, 12/18 - DHS
Sci Fi (5:15) and 2nd F!

Fri, 12/19 -AK, Boma at 5

Saturday, 12/20: Fly home :(

Looks like the only thing we overlap on is Wednesday 12/17 at Studios. We're having dinner at The Hollywood Brown Derby, so we won't see you there... it is one of our favorite restaurants, soooo good!

Oh, but we are eating at Boma on Friday 12/19 at 7:05 - so we could pass you on your way out! hehehe

TinaMouse
11-22-2008, 10:43 AM
I'll be at MK on the 16th too!