PDA

View Full Version : Disney Crossroad area..Great value food!

TheTravelBrain
11-12-2008, 05:35 PM
By the way just about a mile from the downtown disney area (near the rainforest cafe) you can take a cab for about $10 and there are quite a few selection of values resturants, Olive Garden, TGIF, Chevys.

We ate at the japanese KOBE stake house, wow what a dinner, you can actually find a coupon in one of those tourist guides and get like $10 off.:geek:

Mark099
11-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Don't forget Red Lobster and Uno's. Up the road a bit (past Olive Garden) is IHop, Chilis, and others.

We go to Crossroads a lot during our stays. We'll even walk from DTD on a nice night.

njtravelerof6
11-16-2008, 06:07 AM
Definitely one of our favorites for off-site dining, because of the variety of choices in a small area (i.e., one restaurant is too busy, go down a few doors and check out the next place). Chevy's is our top choice as we love mexican (well, okay, American-Mexican) food - starting off with delicious chips and homemade salse (not ketchupy salsa). They're usually making the fresh tortillas at El Machino which the boys always like to watch, too. Reasonably priced and even better if you can catch a late lunch. Good "regular" food on the kids' meals if your little ones are picky.

Drince88
11-16-2008, 08:26 AM
Personally, I'm not a fan of going to chains that I can (for the most part) hit at home. Actually, I'm not a super big fan of chains, period, unless I'm in a really small town and don't have any 'local restaurant' recommendations.

Mark Goldhaber
11-16-2008, 10:14 AM
I miss Jungle Jim's. :sigh:

GusMan
11-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Personally, I'm not a fan of going to chains that I can (for the most part) hit at home.
Same here. At the same time, I question the value of specifically going off-site just to eat unless you are 1)staying offsite already and 2) you have your own car, and 3) its the end of the day and you do not intend on going back to the parks..

I certainly would not waste time in the middle of the day leaving the parks to eat offsite.

hmsharpe
11-20-2008, 02:06 PM
I think though sometimes with children it is nice to be able to take them somewhere that is a chain that they may be familiar with. I love trying different food-however my kids, not so much. So there is sometimes comfort in finding the familiar!