PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find bbq ribs and baked chicken in the parks?

Pages : [1] 2

RocketRob
08-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Our favorite meal at Disneyland used to be the BBQ platter at River Belle Terrace before the menu change to sandwiches and salads (booo!).

Is there any place in the parks to get our beloved ribs or baked chicken with cornbread anymore? I fear those items are gone forever. :crying:

Jim Dear and Darling
08-19-2008, 11:19 AM
I think the BBQ ribs are gone for good. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

If you're talking about the fried chicken, you can still get that at the Plaza Inn on Main Street. If you're talking about BBQ chicken, I think you can still get it at the Bountiful Valley Farmers Market at DCA...

MKY4ME
08-19-2008, 11:54 AM
but they may be only pork ribs, can't remember......

Malcon10t
08-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Haven't found corn bread anywhere. Ribs, try Rainforest or Tony Romas. Nothing left in the park.

RocketRob
08-19-2008, 01:55 PM
I think what made the BBQ platter so special at River Belle was, not only was the food good quality for a decent price, but it was also a fantastic setting. Nothing beats ribs and chicken with cornbread on the patio looking out at the Rivers of America.

Too bad this option is gone in the wake of the "healthy initiatives" and "easier to prepare" movement. I can get a crappy salad or a salty overpriced sandwich anywhere. Maybe Disney will wake up and stop fixing what is not broken.

TTFN92
08-19-2008, 02:01 PM
We love the ribs at Taste Pilot's Grill! We get them almost everytime we go. I feel like they are a good value compared to some other food. They go a long way too. I always get full.

cstephens
08-19-2008, 03:32 PM
If you're talking about BBQ chicken, I think you can still get it at the Bountiful Valley Farmers Market at DCA...

Wait, they have bbq chicken there? I thought they just had the old Strips and Chips menu, which is the same as at Stage Door in DL? Or do you mean because they have chicken strips with bbq sauce as one of the sauces available?

Gone2Disneyland
08-19-2008, 03:47 PM
We love the ribs at Taste Pilot's Grill! We get them almost everytime we go. I feel like they are a good value compared to some other food. They go a long way too. I always get full.

Count me too as a big fan of the ribs at Taste Pilot's Grill. That's what I always get when I go there. And they serve beer! :) Here's what they look like. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/gone2disneyland/1348983667/in/set-72157600373678627/)

MickeyM00C0w
08-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Doesn't the "western" part of the Rancho del Zocalo sell bbq ribs and chicken? I haven't eaten there in a while, but I'd imagine they at least have the ribs around.

cstephens
08-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Doesn't the "western" part of the Rancho del Zocalo sell bbq ribs and chicken? I haven't eaten there in a while, but I'd imagine they at least have the ribs around.

They used to have ribs and chicken before it was moved to River Belle.

MickeyM00C0w
08-19-2008, 04:41 PM
They used to have ribs and chicken before it was moved to River Belle.

The Disneyland website says they're over at Rancho del Zocalo. Maybe they moved them back?

FunMom
08-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Just a couple weeks ago we discovered the Tate Pilot's ribs and were surprised at how good they are. I plan to have them again next time we're there. If you get the large portion, 2 women can easily share though not enough to share with my husband.

RocketRob
08-19-2008, 07:24 PM
The Disneyland website DOES say Rancho del Zocalo has ribs and chicken! :D We're definitely checking it out this weekend and I'll remember Taste Pilots as an alternate the next time we're at DCA.

Thanks for all of the input!

Malcon10t
08-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Hmmmm, going to have to check this out! Used to LOVE the River Belle's.

Foodie
08-19-2008, 07:54 PM
The Disneyland website DOES say Rancho del Zocalo has ribs and chicken!

They've had that on their site for a couple years now, and in both our 2006 and our most recent trip last month, there was no bbq at Rancho del Zocalo...sorry to burst that bubble for you. I was really looking forward to it too when I read that and was pretty disappointed to find it not to be so.

I do recommend the ribs from Taste Pilot's Grill, they are so delish! They also have a bbq chicken burger that's pretty good too.

-Foodie :)

Gone2Disneyland
08-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Is there any place in the parks to get ... baked chicken with cornbread anymore?

According to MousePlanet's Disneyland Guide for Rancho del Zocalo (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=AAD404), it's called Citrus Fire-Grilled Chicken. So for those looking for baked chicken, the hunt is still on.

RocketRob
08-19-2008, 08:00 PM
They've had that on their site for a couple years now, and in both our 2006 and our most recent trip last month, there was no bbq at Rancho del Zocalo...sorry to burst that bubble for you. I was really looking forward to it too when I read that and was pretty disappointed to find it not to be so.

I do recommend the ribs from Taste Pilot's Grill, they are so delish! They also have a bbq chicken burger that's pretty good too.

noooooooooooo :crying:

Chadsgal
08-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Count me too as a big fan of the ribs at Taste Pilot's Grill. That's what I always get when I go there. And they serve beer! :) Here's what they look like. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/gone2disneyland/1348983667/in/set-72157600373678627/)

WOW, OK forget the burgers I must try these!!! I love ribs and waffle fries!! YUMM!! More food to add to my list of things I must eat on my trip.

Foodie
08-19-2008, 08:18 PM
sorry...but better to find out now then to get all psyched up and be disappointed when you get to the restaurant.

Oh, and another bbq option, at the Riverbelle Terrace, they have a really good turkey sandwich, and at their condiments bar, they offer bbq sauce that you can drench the meat in if you like. It's pretty tasty.

Phantom2006
08-20-2008, 03:34 AM
Haven't found corn bread anywhere.

The French Market has corn bread now.

MammaSilva
08-20-2008, 07:03 AM
The French Market has corn bread now.

And it is very tasty!

adriennek
08-20-2008, 07:42 AM
The Disneyland website says they're over at Rancho del Zocalo. Maybe they moved them back?

The MousePlanet Disneyland Guide Page for Rancho del Zocalo (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=AAD404) was updated June 4, long after the River Belle remodel, and it does not list ribs and chicken.

(But I do like the citrus grill chicken at Zocalo.)

Adrienne

R44kids2
08-24-2008, 10:27 AM
They are not BBQ and they are a little pricey, but the Short ribs at Blue Bayou are REALLY great. I get them every trip I make. Very meaty and cooked just right, fall off the bone tender like a sunday evening pot roast. Ummmmmmmmmm.

racccoon
08-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Does anyone remmeber the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ? They use to serve dinner at the Big Thunder Ranch from the covered wagons. They would serve ribs with bbq chicken, served with beans, cloe slaw, corn on a cob, cornbread, and a drink. It was good and worth the price. I miss that place, last time I saw that was like 10 yrs ago.

Malcon10t
08-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Does anyone remmeber the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ? They use to serve dinner at the Big Thunder Ranch from the covered wagons. They would serve ribs with bbq chicken, served with beans, cloe slaw, corn on a cob, cornbread, and a drink. It was good and worth the price. I miss that place, last time I saw that was like 10 yrs ago.It was one of my favorite places. When it closed down, the ribs and chicken meals (corncob and corn bread) moved to Riverbelle Terrace. We loved it there too! Then came the healthy food menus, and we lost them.