PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mtn Question

mousey_girl
10-15-2002, 04:11 PM
Is anyone aware of when Splash Mtn is going down for rehab? I thought it was supposed to be in November, but the website doesn't list it.

Since I know that the website is usually more wrong than right, I decided to turn to the Pad.

crc9998
10-15-2002, 04:48 PM
It's going down again? It just reopened, not too long ago!

kisroo
10-15-2002, 05:56 PM
Last I heard it was going down sometime in Nov.
Did you try calling DLR?

mousey_girl
10-15-2002, 06:08 PM
No, not yet. They usually don't know anything other than what is on the website.

refurbmike
10-16-2002, 09:03 AM
There is no solid answer on this one. The official schedule says it'll be down in a month, but the web-site swears left and right it'll be up. The part that gets me is that guest services don't even acknowledge it was suppose to be down, if it's not. I dunno.

Hydroman
10-16-2002, 07:45 PM
Perhaps the powers that be decided that the "interim" modification (seatbacks) will do for now.

Or perhaps they have figured out a way to fit a slightly wider, yet shorter log that can accomodate two-abreast seating and not require widening of the flume (which would have required major structural modifications). If that's the case, then new ride vehicles could be tested at night without having to shut it down.

Jon Vincible
10-18-2002, 01:51 AM
I suppose they could have done that Hydroman, but it seems like you would be pretty squished in there...

thekirk
10-18-2002, 04:12 PM
I read somewhere they aren't going to close it for a while....at least not in the near future. They are going to do more modifications though. If will be shutdown again within a year or so.....before the big 50th.....who really knows.....but I don't think it will be closing within the next 4-5 months.

Sorry if I'm wrong about this.

stitcher
10-18-2002, 11:26 PM
I will say that last I heard, Splash will be going down in late Nov.-Early Dec. but for nothing major. The widening of the flume and logs is still far, far, away, and probably won't be done before the 50th.