PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney School / 42" bumper cars

justagrrl
10-10-2002, 05:56 AM
Having read the article posted today, I find I'm irritated that Walt Disney School was invited to attend to opening. First off, living so close to Disneyland, every time that school get's anything special that "we" don't, irks me. But - whatever. Take the busses - I'm sure they don't cost a thing. I'm looking for a valid reason here- not really finding one but I'll keep on doing it. :rolleyes:

Second - who was the genius who made the bumper cars with a 42" height limit? With everything else that little ones can't ride, why make yet another attraction that they can't? Yes - that's being in touch with your audience. It's sort of funny to consider that GRR has a 42" limit - MM does to...

What's autopias? 52" to ride alone. With someone else? no requirement it appears. What's up with that?

crc9998
10-10-2002, 08:35 AM
As far as Disney school getting special things, I did not realize that until I started coming here. Must be nice for their students.

I thought that the bumper cars 42" requirement was strange as well, but then I started looking at other amusement parks height requirements, and it is the same at a few as well, Knotts Berry Farm says they require 42" too.

For Autopia, the requirement at 52", I believe, is because otherwise the kid can't see the road and push the gas pedal at the same time. I know my stepson is tall enough for everything else in the park, but that...and when we go on it...I have to push the gas pedal for him to be able to clearly see the road in front.

When riding with someone else, I know that we have been told that anyone can go on it, as long as they are able to sit up on their own, and are, I believe, 1 yr old. That might have changed since my daughter was that young...but back then she was not able to go on it, till she was 1. They need to make sure the the babies muscles are able to handle any bumps.

disguy
10-10-2002, 08:40 AM
"Walt Disney School" Its the school that has the creators name. Why wouldn't they get special things? It makes perfect sense to me.

ralfrick
10-13-2002, 09:12 AM
The children's bumper cars at Paramounts Great America have no minimum height, only a maximum. Don't know if DCA's are standard size or not. Of course, PGA has the same ride as Orange Stinger with only a 44" requirement. You'd think Disney could at least hit the standards as Great America, doing so doesn't require aiming very high.

stitcher
10-14-2002, 08:55 PM
There probably could be a maximum for the cars as I am 6' 2" and was not very comfortable in them. However the issue is the fact that they have this minimum requirement and the darn things go so ssssssssslllllloooooooowwwwwwwww. If they're going to do this then speed them up a bit.

Berry Princess
11-11-2002, 08:03 PM
Second - who was the genius who made the bumper cars with a 42" height limit? With everything else that little ones can't ride, why make yet another attraction that they can't? Yes - that's being in touch with your audience. It's sort of funny to consider that GRR has a 42" limit - MM does to...

First the bumper cars height could be because of how the restraint bar is. I don't know though just trying to figure it out.
Second, I thought it was funny that at Knott's Bigfoot Rapids has a taller height limit then Disneyland but yet does not have any drops or anything. Of course the belt is velcro while the one at Disneyland isn't. (still can't get my oldest on GRR)

What's autopias? 52" to ride alone. With someone else? no requirement it appears. What's up with that?

This would totally have to be cause if you are under the 52" you wouldn't be able to push the pedal and see as well where you are going. Why would they put a requirement for people to ride together? I don't see the point to that though. I do see the point to saying how old and tall you would have to be to ride alone. Just like any ride there has an age of when you can ride alone (which is what 7 yrs).