PDA

View Full Version : No Fantasmic! 10/13?

Klutch
10-09-2002, 06:42 PM
A few weeks ago I printed a Disneyland Show Schedule that listed Fantasmic! on Sunday night, October 13th.

I had planned to make extra effort to get the park that night to see the show. Today I checked the schedule just on a whim and saw Fantasmic! is no longer listed.

Does anybody know what happened? Does Disneyland regularly change schedules? Any chance it could be added again? (I expect this is doubtful).

Bummed in the Rockies,

Grover2001
10-09-2002, 07:01 PM
Don't know where you read that but Disneyland never shows Fantasmic on Sundays in the off season. Are you sure you weren't looking at September 13th?

Klutch
10-09-2002, 07:17 PM
You know, that seemed to be a quite likely scenario. So I dug out the printed schedule I got a few weeks ago (September 4th to be exact).

Clearly listed on OCTOBER 13th is "Frontierland, Fantasmic! - 9:00 PM, 10:30 PM". I think the schedule is different that Sunday because of Columbus Day, hence the midnight closing time.

I noticed also there was an Electrical Parade scheduled at DCA on the 14th. It is now gone as well.

One other fun fact: Sleeping Beauty Castle was listed under "Refurbishment" on the Schedule from September. It was not on the schedule I pulled this evening. Perhaps it's reopenning?....

RideMax Mark
10-09-2002, 07:28 PM
I think the DL web site is messed up right now. It also doesn't show F! for Friday OR Saturday, but it does show Believe! in Holiday Magic at 12am both nights, even though the park closes at 10pm Friday, and clearly Believe is NOT showing yet!

MammaSilva
10-09-2002, 07:28 PM
I wouldn't get my hopes up for the walk thru reopening any time soon.... the Rocket Rods showed as being under rehab for months then one day they just weren't on the schedule any longer, they did a nicer job with the Country Bears, announcing the closing but then again the CB's didn't have the operating issues that RR did

leota's necklace
10-09-2002, 08:36 PM
I have tickets for the balcony Saturday. Not like that guarantees anything, of course...but at least you know you're not the only one who will be ticked off if it doesn't show :)

Darkbeer
10-10-2002, 12:40 AM
I was at the resort today, and picked up the Guide to the Magic, it lists both a 9 PM and 10:30 PM showing of Fantasmic! this Sunday....:)

disguy
10-10-2002, 03:22 PM
Speaking of "No Fantasmic" does anyone have a ball park guess when it will return after the winter break? I'm wondering if it will be shown April 11 and 12th. I want to get balcony seats for our anniversary! (spel?)

Darkbeer
10-10-2002, 04:36 PM
I think that the show will NOT be available in April.

Remember, that they have to drain the river starting at the beginning of the year, and nobody is quite sure how long it might take. Then once the river (and rivercraft) are back, they will have to have weeks of rehearsals (like this year), so I wouldn't count on seeing Fantasmic! after November 2nd until they announce an new opening date.