Resort:Wildreness Lodge
Accommodations: woods view
Ages Represented in Group:19/19 52 55
Disney Resort Experience Represented in Group:2nd time at Disney owned Hotel
Comments: will be our 4th/5th trip to WDW.. grad gift..36 Anniversary

TINK 1972
Cast of characters: Hubby Myself Daughter and her BFF

Please leave comments or tips: Thanks in advance

This is my first attemp to do anything like this.
17 Days till we leave and we are so excited to be returning.

When we first came to Disney(1978) we were in our 20's and lived in Bradenton Fl. Hubby and I took a GreyHound bus tour for 2 days( still have some of the paper tickets used for rides and hotel info.Big Thunder Mt was being build and hubby to me we would be back to ride it. Well it's a fav. now. Best Western on Bee Ridge Pkwy. total price was $107.89) Unbeliveable huh?

The 2nd visit was when we drove from Massachusetts with our 2 kids ages 8 & 11 stayed at Travelodge on Hotel Blvd. had great time stayed 9 days and did SeaWorld Daytona and St Augstine along with stopping at every welcome center so the kids could learn something about every state we travled thruTotal trip was 15 days.

The 3 rd visit we flew( 8 days) with one of our son's Bff and stayed at the same hotel. (kids ages were two 15 yr old boys and 13 yr girl) the most memorable time was when our son's friend did push ups with Goffy at Cheif Mickeys. unfortunatly our camera malfunctioned and we didn't get any pics.

Our 4th trip was in 2006 that was our first experince of what it means to be emersed in Duisney 24/7.
We stayed at the WL and can not say enough about the CM or the lodge it was just a dream come true. Beatiful is and understatment.

So in 17 days we will be again on our way to WDW and we were orginaly going to saty at the POFQ but my hubby was very unsure as we had had problems with the bus service at the Hotel Blvd. Hotels. and since the POFQ doesn't have another mode of trans. He decided to suprise myself and our daughter today with telling us he upgraded the Resv. to include the WL.

Our flight leaves 6:15 A.M. from Hartford Ct which means we get up at 3 (ugh) we arrive in Orlando at 9:30 we will catch te Magical Express to WL (great sevice) we plan to have BK at Whispering Canyon Cafe ( we are going to have the girls ask for Ketchup hehe) We than plan on checking in and then head to FWC to go horseback riding (something I haven't done since I was 15) then go to our room freshen up take a quick nap and head to DTD for Dinner at Planet Hollywood, and before we haed back to the Lodge we would like to take the boat ride to POFQ just to check it out. then take a bus back to MK and catch the boat to WL.
We have 3 reseverd meals the first is on Sat at Hollywood & Vine with rreseverd seating at Fantazmic. then on Sunday at Chef Mickey ( make sure to go to the observation deck on top of the Contempary grat view of MK)the on our final night we will be going to the Poly for the Spirit of Aloha show.
We have a list of must see's including the
Teacups our first ride (Daddy Daughter only)
Big Thunder RR my first coaster
Haunted Mansion
Country Bears
Hall of Pres
Pooh Ride it's just silly and fun
plus a handfull more
As far as the AK/ Epcot/ MGM
Indiana Jones ... Honey I shrunk.. Great Movie Ride
Test Track....Spaceship Earth... Eleen's energy.. Figment..World showcase..
Everest.. Safari... Tough to be a bug...
Our flight leaves on May 21 at 7:55 P.M. so we will have a full 6 days can't wait to leave.

scoobydooby
04-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Hi Tink - sounds like a real blast. My queries/thoughts...

What is BFF? (If BF=Best Friend what's the extra F mean? - Intrigued)...

Your first arrivial day sounds pretty full on with that trip to MK at the end. Have you accounted for travelling time?

Do get the girls to ask for ketchup; much fun ;)

As for your husband upgrading for a surprise - what a gent! Don't tell him I said the buses from POFQ are actually pretty good ;)

Enjoy!

tink1972
04-28-2008, 02:54 PM
the second f on bf is forever.
we don't plan on stoping at Mk just get boat back to WL.
just hope weather is good. have always been in late March or no later that 21 of April.

hmsharpe
04-29-2008, 07:37 AM
Okay, let me in on the inside joke-what does asking for ketchup do? I am now racking my brain trying to figure it out!

tink1972
04-29-2008, 10:38 AM
Forgot to add that we did the Disney Dinning in 06 and will be again this year. It works well for us . We love it. The dining resv. I made were made last week , I was told by our travel agent that I could wait and book the dining when we arrive right at check in but decided to book in advance.

TinaMouse
05-02-2008, 05:46 AM
If you ask for ketchup, then everyone in the entire place that has ketchup brings it to your table. In other words, if I ask for ketchup, they scream, "KETCHUP!" and then guests and sometimes CMs bring every bottle of ketchup to your table and dump it there. Then some other unsuspecting or devious person asks for it and you and your whole table have to pick up the bottles and deposit it at their table. It's all in great fun.

Pr1ncess365
05-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Oh my Gosh- we will be there the same week. Our trip is from May 18-25th at the Wilderness Lodge.
Our trip consists of myself, hubby, 22 month old, my mom, and two brothers (9 and 17)

relaaxedwheniamthere
05-10-2008, 12:45 PM
:eek: I WILL BE @ P.O.F.Q 5/22-5/26 THE W.L. IS INDEED SPECIAL. I JUST HAVE GROWN FOND OF RIVERSIDE & F.Q. THEY ARE SO EASY TO GET TO FROM THE TURNPIKE & I GO SO OFTEN
I HAVE MADE MANY DISNEY FRIENDS THEIR.ENJOY THE MAGIC.

AlexDurrani
05-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Looks like there are few people going to be there during that time. I am there with family who are attending a convention that week.

Alex from Houston

tink1972
05-26-2008, 09:23 AM
Hi all
We had a Great trip.. weather was 88-93 Sunny no long wait times anywhere. Lodge was fantastic.CM's were so friendly and helpful.
Will be posting a complet report soon but need to get pic's in order so I can post them too. and I need a Nap (hehe)

tink1972
05-29-2008, 04:20 PM
May 16-21 2008
SouthWest Air from Hartfor Ct
Wilderness Lodge- 5 nights 6 days park hopper + Dinning
Woods view up graded to courtyard Rm 3154
18-19-53-55
2nd time at WL for 53/55
Fantastic experience
Carrie(myself) Hubby, Daughter and her friend

We left Greenfield Ma (our home town) at 3:30 AM drove and hour to Bradley International parked the car at Excutive Valet Parking (only $22.00 for a week) there was a shuttle waiting to take us to the airport a 10 min ride.
Driver was very nice he droped us at the SouthWest desk
had to wait for them to open about 40 minutes. Check in got thru security and got some coffee. Boarded plane about 40 min.later we had a 6:45 Am flight. I hate take off but it was about as good as it gets there were a few turblance(scary) about an 1 hr into the flight. arrive in Orlando at 9:30AM took tram to main terminal and got to Disney Magical Express no problems. We were able to board a bus right away and headed for Lodge in less than 5 min. We were the 1st stop. My hubby and I knew what to expect but our daughter and friend have never stayed at Disney owned Hotel. They thought we were only stopping to show them the hotle where we had stayed and to have Breakfast at Wispering Caynon. It wasn't until we got in the lobby did my hubby spring the suprise that we had up graded from the Port Orelans French Quarter to the Lodge.
Their mouths droped when they saw the massive lobby and the 55 ft totem poles. We had breakfast at the Caynon and my hubby asked for ketchup we ended up with 18 bottles on our table.the look on the girls faces was priceless when the waitress yelled "K E T C H U P !"
(The food was great) We then checked in our travel agent had made note that it was our 36th anniversary and the girls first time.The Cast member handed us buttons to wear and told us we would recive a room upgrade and that it was ready. So we headed up to our room to freshen up and then caught a bus to Fort Wilderness to go Horseback riding. something I haven't done since I was 13 and my daughter had never done. They CM's were wonderful the ride was just so relaxing. We then went back to the lodge to frshen up and we took a bus to the Port Orleans French Quarter just to see what it was like it was nice but glad we upgraded the pool theme was great. We then took a boat to downtown Disney and had supper at Planet Hollywood
we then did a little shopping and caught a bus back to the Lodge just in time to see the Water Pagent. Tommrow we will head to Hollywood Studio's.

Fantasmicgal
05-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Great start to your trip report Carrie. What a wonderful surprise for your daughter & her friend. Can't wait to read more:)

Oh, by the way what kind of upgrade did you get?

GaRain
05-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Great start. Can't wait to read more. So, what was the room upgrade?

tink1972
05-30-2008, 02:52 PM
We had wood view and we're upgraded to Courtyard. A wonderful view of the quiet pool , every morning there were many bunnies,ducks,chipmunks,and even a hedgehog, grazing on the grass just below our room.

tink1972
05-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Just a foot notethe girls counted how many modes of transporation we used yesterday and I was amazed 8 car,plane,tram,esclators,bus,elevator,boat,horse.

Day 1 Hollywood Studio's
We woke at 6 AM showered and headed for "Roaring Forks" to grab a coffee and toast. then on to the bus stop we waited maybe 10 min. and had a pleasant ride to the Studio's.After going thru the bag check we headed to Rockin Roller Coaster for a fast pass. Then on to the "Great Movie Ride" then back to ride Rockin stopped for a quick snack an "Mim&Bills" then off to "Backlot Tour" then to "Drew Carey's Sounds Dangerous" ( we seem to have timed everything well because we had no more than 10 min wait)"The magic of Disney's Animation" (we got the chance to draw "Pluto" the girls got theirs autographed by the animator he gave his copy to my daughter) Lunch at the "ABC Commsary" then off to "Indiana Jones Stunt Show" (lots of fun), "Muppett 3D" met some character's and looked for "Hidden Mickey's" found a few . while shopping a few CM's put on a small show on the street the story was making a movie the female character was a star and had trouble with a police officer and punched him in the stomach andknocked him down. It was a little sappy but fun. Also took pictures of the street scapes. Watched the "Block Party Bash Parade It was so much fun"Then off to "Hollywood and Vine" Great Buffett we had reserved seating for Fantazmic" What A Show it'think it's even better then Illumnations. back to bus and Lodge got coffee and just sat in lobby to people watch and soak up the wonderfuly themed lobby.
Day 2 is comming will try to add pic's but am not sure how to. so might just give my (myspace name and you can look at them there)

GaRain
06-02-2008, 07:34 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun and you sure did a lot at The Studios!
I have always wanted to do the animation class. Nobody I have gone with has ever wanted to wait, though.

tink1972
06-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Day 2
Up at 6:30 quick shower and down to Roaring Forks for coffee and english muffin. Then off to the Dock to wait for the boat to MK. We arrived in time for the Welcome show (Mickey Minnie Donald Pluto Chip&Dale Horace Horsecollar Clara Bell Cow and many others arrived on the train Mickey then took center stage and welcomed everyone.)before they droped the rope. When we passed thru the turnstiles a CM showered us with confetti and wished us Happy Anniversary.We headed for the Teacups our daughter and her Daddy rode and then off to Space Mt., WED Peoplemover,Carousel of Progress, Laugh Floor where our daughters friend was spotlighted( she had to think of an number and then scrunch up her face and make antenna to telaport the thoughts. ) Stictch Great Escape, then lunch at Cosmic Ray's and then Pooh Ride, Small World, Country Bears, Tiki Room,Splash Mt.,Big Thunder Mt., then off the Chef Mickey's for dinner lots of fun Goffy brought us Cupcakes with candles to wish us Happy Anniversary.Back to MK Mickey's Philharmagic,Pirates, Big thunder again,shopping, watched Wishes, so pretty. and then back to Lodge

tink1972
06-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Day 3 Epcot
Up early again and coffee to go down to the dock and then to Monorail. We got the chance to ride in the front of the Monorail the girls each got "Co-Pilot License"
We went to past pass Soarin then to Space Ship Earth,pin trading then road Soarin , Honey I Shrunk the Audience,fast pass Test Trac, pin trading, Turtle Talk,went to ride Test Trac and it had broken down (sad face) headed to Nemo,then for Lunch at the Electric Umbrella after lunch we headed to the World Showcase.Did some shopping in Canada(like being home again)The Girls took pic's in the phone booths in England we saw a Beatles Tribute Band (they were pretty good) then on to France to by wine and stop for some pastrie,pic's of fountains in Morraco, It started to sprinkle so heade in side to shop at Japan then watched the drummers(rain has stopped)stopped to hear "Voices of America and watch American Adventure"
on to Italy to watch the street mimes and get some Gelato
We got chocolate in Germany and watched the Acrobats in Chinadid some more shopping,(oh we have been pin trading in every country so far)rode Melstrom in Norway and took the boat ride in Mexico. We then headed for Downtown Disney grabed a sandwich at "Earl of Sandwich"
looked for some gifts for my 83 yr old Mom(who is in a nursing home..her room mate is Elizabeth Davis) so was looking for an autographed picture of "Betty Davis" found one for $2000.00 (OUCH!) well back to the drawing board for gifts. It was 8:45 and by the time the bus came it was to late to go back to Epcot for Illimanations so just headed back to Lodge. when we arrived we decided to g get in the pool and hot tub to unwind then headed to bed.(Animal Kingdom comming next.)

tink1972
06-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Well tonight is our last night here so this morning we're headed off to Animal Planet got there as gates opened.We headed for the "Kilmarjaro Safaris" (we have been very luckythis trip we have not waited more than 20 minutes in any line) My daughter took so awsome pictures the Ostrich's came right up to the truck if she didn't more I think it would have pecked at the camera. The Rhino's were in the road and had to wait for them to move before we could continue.after the Safari we headed for Everest to fast pass it. We then did pin trading and shopping the back to ride Everest.We then did "Flights of Wonder" and then off to "It's tought to be a Bug" lunch at "Pizzafari" and then the "Jungle Trek"and the "Train to Rafiki"s Planet
Watch"then back to "Pangani Forrest Trail" Our Daughter bugged my hubby to ride Everest so he finally gave in (now the only coaster he has ridden is Big Thunder and Splash MT) So anyway he agreed to ride Everest with the 2 girls while I did some last minute shopping... Well he was a WHITE as a ghost scared my daughter but he surrived but said never again.:) By this time we were tired and decided to head back to the Lodge to rest and freshen up for the "Spirit of Aloha"show at the poly.

(we had resv at the 8:00 pm show) We Stopped at the "Grand Floridian" just to see what it was really like WOW is all I can say while we were looking around we meet 2(Randy & Jose) cast Members from Engineering we chatted for quite a while they were so
helpful and full of fun and intersting facts, infact we were told that when we return to look them up and they would give us a tour .While I'm talking about CM's we had a wonderful lady at check-in (Rebecca) (Kirk) at guest relations at Hollywood studios(Crystal) at Hollwood and vine (Officer Mike) the security guard at the Lodge (Mario) at the photoshop in MK (Sammie) the boat driver from MK to the Lodge and (Chris) at Chef Mickey's. we haned each and everyone CM Appreciation Cards and we have sent a e-mail to Guest Communications telling them that the above CM's truly made our trip MAGICAL)

The Luau was terrific the food was amazing when we were leaving we could see the "Wishes fireworks" What w wonderful way to end our vacation. We headed back to the Lodge to pack up because we leave tommrow:(

tink1972
06-03-2008, 07:10 PM
We leave today at 7:55PM.
We got up at 6:00 showered and made sure everything was packed called bell service and headed for roaring Forks for coffee and Toast. Then Off to MK to re ride Pirates, Haunted Space Mt and Big Thunder then off to Epcot to Ride Test Trac Sorin and back to France and Germany pin trading and final shopping Then over to Boardwalk for a quick visit and then back to Lodge to wait for Magical Express. We arrived in plenty of time to check in and grap a bite to eat before we boarded our flight it was uneventful and when we arrived in Ct it was raining and COLD about 40.
We can not wait to return infact my daughter and her friend are talking about getting jobs at Disney.
To
While at the American Adventure a CM tapped myhusband on the shoulder and asked his name told him we needed to follow him as there was an important phne call for us and directed us to a phone my hubby dialed the number we were told to and on the other end was Mickey&Minnie singing Happy anniversary to us. When we turned around we were give a certificate commerationg our anniversary and back at the lodge in our room were balloons a towel animal and chocolates with a signed picture of Mickey&Minnie in a tophat and veil at the wedding chapel. The girls were given pins at Hollywood Studios, and by a boat captn. They also were part the the pirate show with Captn'Jack. We truly did have a magical time.
We never saw the "Dream team"though.
I will be trying to post pictures.

mom22gls
06-04-2008, 05:14 AM
Next week, we are going to WDW (staying at DVC resorts) and on a Disney Cruise, to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We have the anniversary marked on our reservations, and the TA noted it for the cruise, so I am looking forward to seeing what kind of attention we get. I just love the Wilderness Lodge, and we stayed there twice before buying into the DVC- I look forward to staying at the villas there. Great report, and happy anniversary.

EJ4Disney
06-04-2008, 05:29 AM
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your trip report. I really enjoyed it.

Thanks again,
Ellen

Fantasmicgal
06-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Happy anniversary & thanks for the great trip report. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the Luau since DS & I have reserved it for our Sept trip:)

Can't wait for the pics:)

tink1972
06-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Glad you enjoyed the report it's the first time I've done anything like this.
Thank you . 36 years is a lot of work (HEHE) but would do it all over again

I forgot to say how much we enjoyed the International Flower Show. How breath taking the flowers were. The topiary's were lots of fun.

does anyone know how to add pic to your trip report?

naomiatx86
06-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the trip report! Sounds like an awesome trip...